I’m sure you agree, life is easier when we have more wisdom.
- Know yourself. The more you learn about who you are and why you do the things you do the more you take your control back. From a place of know you can see your choices and from these you can choose better for yourself, creating more of what you want in your life.
- Try new things. It is important to keep your brain strong and the only way to do this is to continue building your mental muscles. Learn a new instrument or language. Do something that gets you thinking. It will open your mind to so much more.
- Step out of comfort zone. Just because you are scared of heights, does not mean you should not try rock climbing. Step out of what is comfortable so you can see all the possibilities. It may not be your next favourite thing to do, but it will give you your power back by letting go of fears that often run your life in a negative way.
- Challenge your thinking. Most humans don’t like conflict so you maneuver away from debates or topics that are controversial. However, you may want to rethink this because as you have conversations you just may see another point of view or another way of seeing it. You can also change you thinking simply by taking in more information through reading, listening to podcasts, etc.
- Do what is hard. Many want instant gratification these days but that just makes us lazy. Instead of doing what is simple, try doing what is hard for a change. Instead of using your GPS, see if you can find it on your own. Instead of asking Google to spell it, try sounding it out first. The challenge is great to get your brain thinking again and develop wisdom.
- Make mistakes. There is no better teacher in the world than our mistakes. Many times when we make a mistake we “learn the hard way” and never make that same mistake again. That is the best teacher if it gets us that clear. Don’t be afraid of mistakes. The more you make, the more you learn.
- Find wise Mentors. If you truly want to gain wisdom as fast as possible, there is no greater synergy than learning from people who have already been there. No matter what, you MUST have good Mentors in your life, likely one at a time. It will truly make a huge difference.
- Teach others. When you think you know something, try to explain it to someone. Through explaining it and answering questions you often gain a whole new clarity and perspective again.
Teach others. When you think you know something, try to explain it to someone. Through explaining it and answering questions you often gain a whole new clarity and perspective again.
The more you Know the more you Grow. Continue to gain wisdom and you will grow in beautiful and unexpected ways.